Wednesday, January 31, 2018

More sewing

 Here's a great pajama pattern that works for my everyday shirts. McCall's M5992 I've made this about 20 times and still love the fit. A slight drop shoulder which means no fuss set in sleeves, and a collar if I feel the need, or not, and length if I want a real robe...that may be coming soon. I had this wonderful woven cotton plaid from Joann's and it had already been washed and was ready to go. 
I made it a little longer so it covered the necessary parts and I can wear it with leggings. For fun I put the pockets and cuffs on the bias.

 


 Since the serger was already out, and I had more fabric ready to sew, I made another version, shorter and with longer sleeves. This top will go with my yellow jeans, which is why my sister gave me this fabric. Again, from when she worked at Joann's.
Three pockets, as always, and side slits.
I think the robe idea will be next, but I have to find just the right fabric, and that means a trip to the store. Awww shucks!

2 comments:

  1. I love how when you get started on an idea you go "full out"!!!! You are amazing. :) Great fabrics.......great tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll certainly look snazzy in your house uniform, I may have to adopt this idea.

    ReplyDelete