Thursday, November 17, 2016

That Settles It


The wheels did the trick. I evened out the two tables and quickly sandwiched a top and back (both pieced) and sat down for the big try out. I also switched out my chair to one that raises and lowers more accurately.
Two hours into the quilting and I had to break for a doggie walk. Back soon afterward and I put in another hour of quilting. I am 3/4 done with this 48x62" top.
 The table makes it very easy to guide and slide the quilt and I don't need any other mechanisms to accomplish the work. Simple is best. Of course the tops I am quilting are not fancy, but functional and I am happy to be reducing the UFO bin as I play. I am excited to finish the rest this way, with allover quilting, so fast and still decorative.
Yellow Affair cottons including hand dyes, machine pieced, unquilted, 47x62": Untitled top, 48x60", machine pieced,  unquilted.:
These are the two unrelated (except by yellow) that I quilted together. 

4 comments:

  1. Melody, did you get the large table at IKEA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it came from a thrift store about 20+ years ago, for $100. But I am certain you could do the same at IKEA.

      Delete
  2. Is this quilt for sale? If so, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your set up is now working for you. I have my quilting area set up in a corner of my studio that way the quilt will not hang off an edge, but be stopped by a wall. I have a table at the left and one at the back like you to give the quilt more space to sit. I make big quilts so being in the corner helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete