Sunday, November 20, 2016

Scrap-a-palooza

 The new scrappy top. Hand dyed cottons, commercial prints, 51x65", machine pieced. The plan was to bring out my scrap bins and see where that led me. No color scheme was planned but it soon became blue and pink, for which I had plenty of bits to get me started.
Aiming for large negative areas, I was happy to find big chunks in the bins. as well as long wider strips. And of course previously patched semi-blocks to add to the mix.
 

Did a bomb go off? Scrap quilting always gets out of hand in a hurry. On the other hand I learned that my set up is just right for this sort of work. I have an ironing pad on the left and a cutting mat for trimming, and another bigger matt on my stand up work table for cutting yardage. Very efficient, if messy.

2 comments: