Friday, August 26, 2016

Up the Street



Up the Street
Hand dyed cottons, silks, commercial cottons, fused, hand embroidered, machine quilted. 14" x14.5" $250 Email me. SOLD
 French knots and bits of silk.
Living where there are new houses under construction daily, I see walls and roofs going up in a wink. Our little neighborhood is growing by leaps and bounds.
The men that are on the rooftops, shingling, are under the blazing sun all day and I really feel for them, in my cool studio. So I had to join in the construction.

PS. My friend and fellow fuser Deborah Boschert has published her book Art Quilt Collage:

and she gave me a lovely compliment. Thanks Deb!

6 comments:

  1. wonderful shout out and so true for many people

    thank you for your generous sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your contruction work went very well Melody ! Love it !
    (but hey, you're a pro in "building" these houses ;-) !)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete