Monday, May 2, 2016

Back to Myself

It's been a long dry period, but at last I kicked myself in the butt and got back to work. This Diamond Panel Jacket was almost finished for MONTHS, but somehow I just couldn't settle myself into a place to focus on knitting. After our garage sale was over, I felt that something broke free and I could get back on track. 
 
  It's made from Tangier: Aran: 47% Silk, 19% Acrylic, 17% Cotton, 17% Rayon combined with Berroco Weekend, 25% cotton, 75% acrylic. Spoken for by Judith W, who will no doubt faint at the knowledge that I finally got this done! 

 In other news, I made a black, red and white quilt for my new house. Most of the fabrics are prints, with some solids and a hand painted section.


 
In a burst of enthusiasm, I ordered a bunch of Dick Blick's wood panels to mount some old paintings from 2006. I had to paint the panels a glossy white to match the other ones in my collection. Now that I will have white walls, the paintings will look more like AHRT in a gallery. Ha!





 These are all acrylic, ink, and colored pencil, on watercolor paper, mounted on painted wood panels.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't know what got into you but I want some. You've been very productive and very creative. I love your paintings. You're new place is going to look amazing with all the wonderful art on the walls. It won't be long now. Excited for you. Judith P. in Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great on both counts. How are you mounting the art work on the wood panels

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all your wonderful wall art, you will be able to swap out and hang different ones all the time at the new house! Love how the paintings look on the white background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the B&W quilt. It along with the 2006 paintings, will look stunning against the white walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melody, this probably isn't the place to ask my question, but I can't seem to find a better source. I am knitting the Miteriffic Poncho and I saw that you made corrections on the neck piece. Could you please email me those instructions at brenda_herrman@yahoo.com? My project is nearing completion and is really beautiful. I just want the neckline to be perfect as well. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete