Saturday, October 11, 2014

Party Food

My BFF Mary just closed on her downtown loft and she is having an open house today with all our arty friends. I am so excited and volunteered to make something chocolatey ( to go with wine) for her party. I might as well toss all my cookbooks and just rely on Pinterest for yummy and easy recipes. I got this one here.  Peanut Butter White Chocolate chip cookies. I added some mini semi-sweets, because I had 'em.

 And I saw this Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark idea and it occurred to me to add pretzels for some saltiness and crunch. So easy and fast and way too yummy for my diet to handle.
I promised to save some figs for Mary, since she had never had a fresh fig. They are currently ripening like ALL AT ONCE, so today was perfect to harvest some. It was raining when I went out there, so the raindrops are also making an appearance in this photo.

It's hard to tell who is more excited by her move to Chattanooga. When we met (online) we lived about two hours away from each other. Meeting in Chattanooga seemed the best way to get together. At the time we began our friendship both of our lives were a bit rocky and our meet-ups were complain-fests. But we simultaneously began to make changes to fix our individual problems, and now the wrinkles have more or less been ironed out and we are goonie with happy-dancing. I gotta say that I truly needed a group of arty types to make sense of my life and I have found them. Now that Mary and I have moved to town, only 20 minutes apart, we can have that rich kind of inspiration that the city provides. Galleries, concerts, museums, and restaurants are at one's fingertips. And each other.
It's sooooo good!


9 comments:

  1. So happy for you, Mel that you have found good friends where you have planted yourself. You deserve happiness in your life, as do we all. Having such a special friend and creative confidante so close by is a blessing. Enjoy!
    --Joan in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arty friends are the best!! They have so many levels in their lives that you can dovetail into - that alone can keep a smile on your face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I have some friends like that... we share our love of arty things and don't have to make our hubbys miserable by dragging them to events they don't enjoy. Your treats sound way too yummy! I would probably eat them all if I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post today - I can just feel your positive energy! Fresh figs, chocolates, good friends, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to have a like-minded friend nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. We all need our "arty tribe."

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing like our arty friends, whether on the Internet or in town. We all need someone who "gets" us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! As I said to you at the Chattanooga show, I need to find "my own kind" too! I really enjoyed Chattanooga when we were there and I look forward to returning again for next year's show. It has a great urban, arty feel. I like you, am starting to work on indoor house projects. It's fun to nest. ;-D

    ReplyDelete